Saturday, July 4, 2009

My first Big n Loud Outspoken Gratitude!

Well, I always thought that someday, I would have to get over my “ever so lazy to write” attitude and enter this enthralling world of the web 2.0 that has now outgrown itself by introducing stupid people like us (or at least me for that matter) a way to write about anything we like (or most the time dislike)

So I am here to start small with my 1st blog. And as any book (good or bad) would have it, even mine has few dedications, especially to those who introduced me to this ‘Blog’ technology

I am always confused why they had to call this post a “blog”… and with my limited database knowledge, I know BLOB in database stands for Binary Large Objects that consume significant disk space. So I assume the foresighted originator of this word (like the “precog Agatha of Minority Report”, or Nicolas Cage of “The Knowing”) must have seen this day when everyone has started competing to flood the Internet with his/her views, ideas and opinions, and thus called it a “Big Limitless Online Garbage” or a BLOG!)(And I mean no offence to the other actually constructive writers; and for those who haven’t noticed another meaning of the word in the title yet, "please consider your e-nvironment friendliness before writing another one"

And to start any thanks-giving without thanking my Mom is meaningless . I mean if it wasn’t her, perhaps I would have written this blog using a “Hindi to English” dictionary with some 'Shake-Spearean' words reading which you must have laughed your jaws out … and to my brother to make me realize how Neanderthal I am in “da kool n hep” virtual world. I must also thank my ex-girlfriend for not talking two hours every night of my life (more of which I miss now) on the 2nd most amazing communication technology after A.G Bell’s … yes! the cellphone. So now I, like most other “single-loosers” (may be the two words mean the same) have all the time in this world to squander. And to my alma mater St. Paul and MITM to grace me with invaluable education (least of which that I make use of!)

But much thanks to my new made colleague blogger friends who made me realize how can “beauty of writing” win over “the matter of subject’. So be it some weird incident of wearing pink pajamas to a medical store, or over embracing a slightly flamboyant Asian and then mistaking her for a hooker.. they can make these every next-day events come alive on HTML! Thanks for always encouraging me guys.. this one’s for you!

And nevertheless, to all those beautiful people I know (don’t worry, if I know you, you are one of them, and if you don’t know me, u now know how to get beautiful! ;o)) with whom I have shared my memorable days, hours or even minutes. IOU my appreciation for all the things you taught me.

Hence I begin my journey towards this Mordor (please pardon my love for LOTR) and like Frodo, I may (rather will) make mistakes. So appreciate if you can be my Samwise Gamgee and help with your corrections, feedbacks and comments.

Bye.. may you find your Rest and Peace ;o)

7 comments:

  1. AweSome Buddy... You can any day give a run for money to Vikram Seth &/or Chetan Bhagat. I liked the attempt to be hep in web2.0 blog world with immaculate grace of a Sonnet like poetic English.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Buddy.. Now you are more beautiful :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are rocking from the very first post buddy :)
    What can we expect here; a smorgasboard of smashing(no pun intended) moments of your life or something else??

    Whatever they may be, keep them coming.

    PS: I forgot that dialog from Troy, consider it included in this comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to blogosphere buddy!!! I am eagerly waiting for all those blogs you always wanted to write...

    ReplyDelete
  5. maravilloso.......!!!..may u get your querido..!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice start! I am looking forward to more.
    And trust me, knowing you, you'll have a lot to write about.
    Keep it going!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Devta Jaanwaron ko jungle mein, auraton ko gharon mein aur tumhare blog ko net pe surakshit raje"

    I’m remorseful that I can’t engrave an assortment of hefty lexis to extol your blog, other than inscripting above slender line from Troy.

    ReplyDelete