Sunday, October 11, 2009

A "Desserted" year!


All my bags are packed I am ready to go …
I am standing looking the new built shores
I want to wake me up.. And say goodbye

Now the dates are ending, the project is over
No bugs, no issues, no problems anymore
Already I am so free I can’t describe ….

So miss me or smile for me..
Or tell me that you will wait for me
Try to hold me saying you won’t let me go ….

I am leaving on a Jet Plane; don’t know if I’ll come back again!

Wow! I can’t believe this project is actually getting over, and I am traveling home with no date to return. Though am so delighted that this one was one of the finest implementations done, there’s something in me that keeps me from admitting that ‘it’s over’

Remembering my first encounter with this ‘Green Desert’ (green from the color of money!), I cannot start with anything but describing how I almost ‘drowned in my own sweat’ everyday from the scorching humid waits for the taxi that never seem to come, and then despite of being the guy who’s paying, still end up learning a lesson or two from the ‘driver next country’.

Though a desert, this country of 'black and whites' perhaps has got more diverse fauna then anywhere else. From the under developed chinkis to overcrowding mallus, this place’s versatility totally overshadows the sand beneath the feet. Like people, so different is the way they dress and the food they eat. So except for some stinking far-asian food joints, almost every place is a treat for the eyes and mouth … no wonder how I so fell in love with hummus and falafel.


And yes, describing this country without its extravagance is not describing the country at all! Everything from the high rises to custom clad wheels, the people here actually have more money than they can spend. So what if they have to hide their favorite million dirham designer dress under an even more expensive black robe, they sure know how to ‘make it up’ on their faces. For the rest you will have to settle down with the neighboring expats, which by no means are any less a treat for the eyes! Still mesmerized with gorgeousness around, this would be something I will be missing for sure.

This trip truly was one to remember, from my long time at the ‘mis’ fortune ‘ate’ hotel to splendid evenings at the gym, pool and jacuzzi of Al Maha Arjaan, I can easily say “been there done that” to all the places, magnificent hotels, clubs and malls around. But I guess the reason that kept me coming back here over and over again was the company of my new friends.. So be it 'the stupidd.. complainer’, ‘the non-confessing shopaholic’, the UFO enchanted, purple bags and haribo fanatic lazy slow-gans, ‘the ‘Ku Ku’ Gaanv ki Gori’, the ‘self proclaimed prince charming’, ‘the super crazy wanderer and his 4X4’, ‘few days with Mr. Bright Sunny Day’ or ‘the melodious girl who couldn’t hear a thing on the first time’, IOU all for making this time a ‘dessert in the desert’

9 comments:

  1. Intresting... Dessert in the Green Desert :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say... very creative writing !
    However, you have the worst description for me n slow ... MEAN ! We are ALSO nice like your other new friends !! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Gagan: "the UFO enchanted, purple bags and haribo fanataic lazy slow-gans" .. happy? or should I also describe that 'strawberry cream mail' embarrassment?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy :-) dangyou dangyou !
    And that was not an embarassment yaar. Was just a small tiny miny little request to them !

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok..I was so planning to write something to pull your legs, but you had me in the last para. That was senti stuff...

    as SRK would say "Picture abhi baki hai mere dost".... so we'll wait for you.. (I guess, it will be the other way around)

    Well written post though the poem was lame. ;-)

    P.S: Non-confessing? Ok guilty as charged. Have it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marhaba Marhaba .. kya blog de maara .... ekdam Zhaakaas !!!
    Well i dnt self proclaimed myself as prince charming .... :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Anix:True..but u don't think any less of yourself do u ? :P ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice blog....BUTTTTTTTTT...its alll bcoz of the ku kus of this innocent 'gaanv ki gori' that you could finish your so called finest implimentations... :P... mere un questions ka answer dekar hi to ye hua.... :P... nice writing though

    ReplyDelete